Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Marriage has enlarged me greatly.

19 years of marriage has made me almost twice the man I was before meeting Judy. Marriage has definitely enlarged me and expanded my horizons.

Before Marriage. Back in 1988. You can't see the rolled up jeans in the shot!


Notice how when I was thinner in the waist and fuller in the hair - Judy is clutching me but later in life she puts Summer between us. I guess she thinks if I get hungry she can outrun Summer. And that was twenty pounds ago!

She has even encouraged me to pick up a tennis rack, go biking with friends over the weekend. Why she is so understanding and lets me out of the house for youth camps ("stay another night!"), youth mission trips ("you sure they don't need you in mexico for two weeks!?!"), lockins ("You're only hosting one this week?!"), and movie nights ("Hey I bought you a season pass!"). Why she encourages me daily to get out of the house! I don't even have to go visit her family on holidays - she insists I just hang out with my friends. That is so unlike some of my friends whose wives never let them out of the house - Aunestly.

She must really love me. If you love someone you have to set them free but she keeps saying something about a bad penny. What does that have to do with me coming back home?





Yeah I was a mathlete and not an athlete - JEALOUS!?!

1 comment:

  1. Very Cute!! Man Steve, Josh looks so much like you now, but more so when you were younger. Judy! Girl you are so cute! And your girls look just like you as well! What a cute family! Love Kevin and Jody

    ReplyDelete