Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Help me I've fallen...

A few years ago while in the land of hills and forests, I went to a men's retreat. While there I received a beautiful letter from my daughter, Hailey. In it she encouraged me to receive what I needed from Christ. She stated that I often am critical and hard to myself. She shared this passage with me. Ps 37:24-25 "If the Lord delights in a man's way,he makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand."

To me that says as long as I am after Jesus, He will make my walk stronger. Too many times we try in our efforts but it is Christ in us doing the molding. We try to behave like Christians rather than just be Christians - imperfect people being perfected. So when we fail (stumble) we need to get up relying on His strength and not our own.


When my babies fell down, I encouraged them to get up and try again. Often times, I had to help them, walk beside them, or give them a strong arm to hold onto and balance themselves. So I guess I'll quit trying on my own.
BE ENCORAGED, I AM.

I just shared this scripture with a friend and it moved me and reminded me of the above, so here it is:

Is 50:4-7 The Sovereign LORD has given me his words of wisdom, so that I know what to say to all these weary ones. Morning by morning he wakens me and opens my understanding to his will. The Sovereign LORD has spoken to me, and I have listened. I do not rebel or turn away. I give my back to those who beat me and my cheeks to those who pull out my beard. I do not hide from shame, for they mock me and spit in my face.
Because the Sovereign LORD helps me, I will not be dismayed. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will. And I know that I will triumph. He who gives me justice is near. Who will dare to oppose me now? Where are my enemies? Let them appear! See, the Sovereign LORD is on my side! Who will declare me guilty? All my enemies will be destroyed like old clothes that have been eaten by moths!
Just look in the mirror like Stuart Smalley and just repeat the above until it gets in your spirit. Pray the word. LATERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment